Raising Parent Awareness
How can parents support their child to learn about the Convention at home?
- Take the time to ask your child what he/she has learnt recently regarding children's rights and responsibilities.
- Discuss the ideas learned in class, and try to think of examples from your own experiences, or from the media, of rights being respected or denied.
- Discuss how your child or your family can promote respect for rights, or help those whose rights have been violated.
- Model using rights, respect and responsibility language with your children.
- Discuss how your family can promote respect for rights, or help those whose rights have been denied.
- Ask your child's opinion on children's rights.
For more information on the Rights Respecting school award please visit www.unicef.org.uk/rrsa