Training and Support Team
Hatton School Training and Support Team Vision
The Training and Support Team are a team of professionals that work closely together with staff and parents to meet the individual needs of each pupil in the school. Both staff and parents/carers are upskilled so that they are well-equipped to embed recommendations into class/ home. Therapy and Specialist Support is embedded across the school.
- All pupils are given opportunities to contribute expressively across their school day, taking into account any AAC needs.
- Staff use Makaton to support children’s understanding throughout the school day.
- All aspects of the Structured Teaching Programme (TEACCH) are in place and used consistently across the school.
- Lessons are highly motivating to ensure that pupils participate in their learning.
- OT Strategies are used appropriately to support children’s functional, sensory, self-regulation and feeding needs.
- Green Zones and Intervention hierarchies are in place and followed.
- Pupils have access to a range of therapies to support their development incl. but not exclusive Music Therapy, K9 Assistance, Yoga and Story Massage
Hatton School Training and Support Team Service Delivery